In recent years sea salt spray has become one of the favorite sprays for people who want effortless-looking hair.
This spray can do miracles for people with thinning hair by making their hair more volumized.
It is excellent to achieve that beachy waves hairstyle.
However, everything in the world has its pros and cons.
Therefore, the question is - is sea salt spray bad for hair?
Many people are wondering whether this product can damage their hair in the long run or not. If you want to know more about;
Is sea salt spray bad for your hair? continue reading this article till the end.
Table of Contents
- What Is Sea Salt Spray, And Why Do People Use It?
- How Is Sea Salt Texturizing Spray Bad For Hair?
- How To Use Sea Salt Spray While Protecting Your Hair?
- Is There Any Alternative To Sea Salt Hair Spray?
- Final Verdict
What Is Sea Salt Spray, And Why Do People Use It?
Sea salt spray is made up of seawater or saltwater. People use it as hair spray to achieve their desired-looking volumized hair.
The saltwater can absorb moisture from the hair and stays inside the hair cuticles. Due to this reason, you get volumized hair that looks like beachy waves.
People love this hair spray because it gives them curly-looking hair without using any other expensive product.
There are many reasons why it is one of the favorite hair sprays of many men and women. Some of the benefits of this hair spray are as under:
- This spray gets rid of frizzy-looking hair.
- It helps people to enhance their natural wavy hairstyle.
- It can add texture and volume to the hair by locking the moisture.
- This hairspray helps you to fix your hair instantly.
It can do wonders even if you use only a little amount of it on your hair.
Due to the reasons mentioned above, men and women use this hairspray. However, after using this spray for some months, most people question:
is texturizing sea salt spray bad for hair? Using this spray every day can harm your hair.
READ NEXT: Is salt water is good for hair growth?
How Is Sea Salt Texturizing Spray Bad For Hair?
Sea salt spray provides beachy waves and texture to its users’ hair. However, it can also damage your hair in various ways if you overuse it. Is sea salt spray bad for thinning hair? Let’s find out.
It Absorbs All The Moisture
Sea salt spray adds volume to your hair by absorbing all the moisture. However, this practice damages your hair in the long term. Moisturization and hydration are crucial to keeping your hair healthy and shiny.
It is also essential to keep your scalp healthy, but sea salt makes it weak and dry when this spray extracts all the water from the hair.
Not only this, but sea salt spray also contains alcohol which makes the hair drier. Thus, this product will make you feel that your hair is easily breakable.
It Fades The Hair Color
As it deprives the hair of hydration and moisture, your hair will feel rougher and less manageable. Besides this, many people also ask the question:
is sea salt spray bad for color-treated hair?
The answer is yes. You can not use sea salt on color-treated hair because it will make your hair color fade. As a natural exfoliant, salt directly affects your hair color.
How To Use Sea Salt Spray While Protecting Your Hair?
Excessive use of anything can lead to damage, as is the case with sea salt spray. If you do not want to damage your hair, you can simply use this product in moderation, with extra care. Here’s how you should use your favorite sea salt spray:
- If your hair is dry, detangle it by using a comb. After this, dampen your hair with water. Skip this step if you just came out of the shower.
- Make sections of your hair and spray the sea salt on each section.
- To add texture and volume, make sure to squeeze your hair.
- Dry your hair using a blow dryer with a diffuser, as it will help to keep your waves in place.
- To keep your hair shiny, use a serum. You can also use argan oil for this purpose.
Tips To Help Protect Hair While Using Sea Salt Spray
As we have already got the answer to the question of is sea salt hair spray bad for hair or not, below are some things you can do to protect your hair from long-term damage.
- To regain moisture, use bananas on your hair strains.
- Make sure to wash your hair thoroughly twice a week to get rid of sea salt from your hair.
- Use an effective hair serum. Instead of serum, you can also use argan oil.
- Use a heat-protectant while heating tools, and avoid using them too often.
- Do not keep the sea salt spray bottle too near to your hair while using it.
Use a shampoo that does not dry out your hair. Also, use a conditioner on your hair.
Apart from the tips mentioned above, you should also take care of your diet. Try to include healthy fats in your diet. Moreover, you can also take hair vitamins, but before taking any vitamins or medications, make sure to consult your doctor.
Is There Any Alternative To Sea Salt Hair Spray?
Using sea salt hair spray is great if you use it in moderation, but you must be wondering whether there are any alternatives to this hair spray or not.
Fortunately, there is an alternative available on the market - Sugar Hair Spray.
This spray is the same as the sea salt hair spray, but this spray helps you to achieve long-lasting waves. Sugar will help you to get your desired hair texture.
And for those people who wonder; if sea salt spray is bad for colored hair or not, they can use sugar spray as it does not harm the hair color.
Sea salt spray could be beneficial if you want to add volume and texture to your hair. However, too much sea salt spray can dry your hair and make it easily breakable.
If you want to use this spray, you should use it in moderation and make sure to take good care of your hair. On the other hand, you can also use sugar hair spray as an alternative.